Four Walls and a Roof is an NGO working to provide sustainable housing for survivors of gender violence and support programs and services that empower women. Our current project aims to establish a women's shelter in Cotacachi, Imbabura, Ecuador in collaboration with local feminist organization, la Coordinadora de Mujeres Urbanas. Apart from supporting the project of establishing the first battered women's shelter in the area--a facility we're working to ensure is sustainable, both environmentally and economically, Four Walls and a Roof provides support for services, local advocates, and community anti-violence education.
- Work in solidarity and collaboration with women's organizations in Cotacachi, Imabura, Ecuador in order to address gender violence and support those working in anti-violence feminist organizing.
- Generate transnational support and funding to help catalyze projects initiated by the community itself.
- Assist in research, data collection, and assessment lead by the community itself and share results with communities to inform and benefit their organizing projects.
- Strengthen communication between women's groups to support their needs and organizing efforts.
- Create a transnational women's movement that works in solidarity and in mutual support!